Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hit the brakes...I'm headed north!

Originally I had started this blog to talk about cakes, pastries, recipes, guidelines, etc. Though this is all very exciting, I think it leaves out one of the largest facts about cake decorating/private chef work...THE CUSTOMERS. Some are crazy, some are fun, some are the absolute definition of "Bride-Zilla" and some are the easiest and most laid back people to the "T". Names will be changed (because no one likes a lawsuit), but I will discuss just how this business really is. The "inside scoop" as you will. It's not pretty. Cake decorating and the wedding business is honestly one of the ugliest businesses in the prettiest of events.

Sometimes it all goes smoothly, others not so much. Have I ever had some crazy bride throw my cake? No, but I had one call me to say she tossed it in the trash. Funny thing is, she was actually lying to just get her money back. We'll save this for another time. This is just a prelude tease.

...and so, it begins. Cakes, brides, a little history, a few recipes, a little know how, and you have the ever-so-miraculous-art of CAKE DECORATING. There are tears, there is blood, and sometimes, there is cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment